Thai Salad with Homemade Peanut Dressing

We have been on a salad kick lately! They are so good. They fill us up, and we know we're getting a healthy amount of vegetables. When it comes to salads, I like my salad to have lots of extras: crunchy veggies, a small serving of nuts or seeds, edamame, feta... you name it! I actually eat around my lettuce and leave those extras for the end because they're my favorite part to eat!

This salad is PERFECT when it comes to the extras. Crunchy red pepper and edamame as well as cashews and a homemade peanut dressing for a dose of healthy fats.

Ingredients: 

Salad: 
2 Cups of Spring Salad Mix
1/4 cup shelled edamame
4 oz cooked chicken breast, shredded or sliced
1 mini cucumber, sliced
1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
2 tbsp fresh cilantro
2 tbsp raw cashew pieces

Peanut Dressing: 1 1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
a sprinkle of ground red pepper (cayenne) to taste

Directions: 
1. Place 2 cups of spring salad mix on your plate as a base
​2. Add shelled edamame​
​3​
. Slice and add small cucumber to salad mix
​4​
. Slice and Chop bell pepper, add to salad
​5​
. Chop cilantro and add to the top of the salad
​6​
. Add cashew pieces
7​
. Add shredded chicken breast to the top
​8​
. To Make the Dressing: Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk. If it is too thick, add a TINY amount of water to thin.
​9​
. Top salad with dressing and enjoy!

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! I run healthy accountability groups each month where I share recipes, meal plans, and help others achieve their health and fitness goals. If you would like more info on my upcoming groups please fill out this form and I'll get back to you soon!

No comments