Clean House = Clear Mind

Sometimes anxiety gets the best of me. This happens especially when there's a change to our routine. Even if it's something that is expected. Soon Nate and I will be heading back to school (we are both teachers). Once we get back into the swing of things, I'm fine. I like the routine of the school year minus the fact that I don't get to spend as much time with my little man. (Good thing he loves his preschool!)

When I get anxious I feel like everything is magnified. ESPECIALLY  a messy house. Even though we had many other things to do today, I needed the house clean in order to get anything else accomplished. It may sound silly, but as soon as Nate and I divided the house and started to clean, I could feel the stress melting away. Cleaning is semi-therapeutic for me. There's just something about having a clean house that allows me to feel at peace and have a clear mind. Who can relate? 

After the house was clean I was able to focus on my business, meal planning, and all of the other things that needed my attention for the day. Most importantly, I was able to have more patience with Nate and Gabe. 

All of my stress got me thinking about making a simple cleaning schedule for us to use this school year. I want to try to avoid this stress in the future. I also would love to have more time to spend and be present with Nate and Gabe on the weekends, instead of worrying about the house being clean. The one I created is based on the rooms in our house, but I thought I would share in case anyone feels like they're in the same boat as me.

Here it is!

I hope you all find this as helpful as we do! I'd love to hear if you feel the same way I do, or if you find yourself in need of a cleaning schedule like this one. Happy Sunday! 

No comments