Simple Pear Salad

This pear salad is easy, filling, and cravable. It's been on our menu since we whipped it up for our family over the holidays. It's also now a quick and go-to lunch option for both Nate and me since we're teachers and pack our lunches daily. I love it and could definitely eat it every day! 


Simple Pear Salad, Serves 2
Ingredients

  • 6-8 cups of spring mix 
  • 1 large pear, chopped
  • 1 large cucumber, sliced
  • 1 grilled chicken breast, chopped
  • 4 tbsp feta cheese
  • 4 tbsp dried cranberries 
  • 4 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
  • 4 tbsp dressing of choice (we love Trader Joe's Champagne Pear Vinaigrette!)

Instructions

  • Place 3-4 cups of spring mix in a large salad bowl
  • Chop pear into cubes and add it to the spring mix 
  • Slice and chop cucumber (I chop the slices into quarters), and add to the bowl 
  • Chop grilled chicken breast and add to the salad
  • Top with feta, dried cranberries, and sunflower seeds
This salad honestly couldn't be easier to throw together. You can substitute rotisserie chicken for the grilled chicken breast, which makes it even easier! The recipe above is for two people. I normally divide the ingredients as I go because it makes it easier to keep track of what I'm eating. The Champagne Pear Vinaigrette from Trader Joe's is delicious and only has 50 calories per serving. I usually dilute my 2tbsp serving with a splash of water. This allows the dressing to cover more surface area of the salad and it doesn't take away from the flavor. Enjoy friends!

No comments