Almond Flour Sugar Cookies

With the holidays quickly approaching, I've got the baking bug. There are are a few things I make each year to share with friends and family. I always say that if baking for others is a love language, it's totally mine. I love to bake and gift the goodies I make. My husband loves pretzel treats... you know the ones I'm talking about. The ones with zero baking involved. Pretzels, rolos, and an almond m&m on top. Easy and done in about 10 minutes. I also make my great-grandma's Italian Spritz Butter Cookies. These are something that I'm definitely going to indulge in. They've been a favorite since I was a very very little girl. I also love to make and decorate sugar cookies. Sugar cookies with frosting are delicious, but sometimes can be a little TOO sweet for my taste. So, I've found a healthier alternative: Almond Flour Sugar Cookies with a Dark Chocolate Drizzle.


Ingredients
  • 2 cups almond flour (sift after measuring) 
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt 
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda 
  • 4 Tbsp pure maple syrup 
  • 2 Tbsp extra virgin organic coconut oil, melted 
  • 2 tsps pure vanilla extract 
  • 1 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk 
Instructions


  • Combine (sifted) almond flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl, mix well. Set aside 

  • Combine maple syrup, oil, and vanilla extract in a small bowl, mix well. 
  • Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients to dry ingredients, mix well. 
  • Add milk slowly, mixing to break up any clumps of dough there may be. 
  • Form dough into a ball (add almond flour to hand before forming so dough doesn't stick) 
  • Roll dough into a log, refrigerate 4-5 hours or overnight. 

  • Cut log into slices, place on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper or sprayed lightly with cooking spray. 

  • Bake for 8-10 minutes, until set 
  • Cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on a wire rack. 
  • Melt dark chocolate and use a spoon to drizzle over the cookies. Refrigerate to set the chocolate. 


Keep in a sealed container (add a slice of bread underneath a piece of paper towel as a trick to keep them moist and soft). Happy Holidays 2018!!

No comments