Island Adventure: August Date Night In

Date Night In Box knocked it out of the park this month with their island adventure theme. A tropical menu and fun games made it one of our favorite boxes yet!  (And you better believe I dressed up for the occasion in my tropical shirt.) 



We made dinner and cocktails and enjoyed the table talk portion of the date night outside (we want to make sure to soak up as many evenings outside as we can before the weather gets chilly!). I always think this part of the date is fun, because the table talk guide gives us questions and topics that we normally wouldn't talk about on any other date.

After the dinner we made our own seashell candle. DNI provided the seashell, the wick, and the wax to melt. It was super easy and a lot of fun. Plus now we have a little memento of this date night.

Next we played all the Island Games: think Olympics, but Date Night In style. Nate and I are both just a LIIIIITTTLE competitive. The games were categorized by a matter of the body, a matter of the mind, and a matter of relationship. First up, matter of the body. We took our empty date night in box, used the golf tees and ping pong balls provided, filled our little squirt guns, set our timer and tried to knock the ping pong balls off the top with the water. It was hilarious, and I may or may not have squirted Nate more than once. Overall, tons of fun--and I was the winner.

A matter of the mind was next. We received word challenge cards, which included an assortment of letters and we had to come up with as many words as possible using those letters within the allotted time. I love games like this. Scattergories, Scrabble.... anything with words and letters, and I'm in!

After the word challenge, we played a game similar to the newlywed game. We were given a set of questions that we had to answer AND write what we thought our partner would say. It was pretty funny. Although, we did well with our answers. Nate and I are usually on the same page, so it was nice to see that if we ever have to do a game like this in public, we'd be okay.

Last but not least, we played an island version of battleship. Who doesn't love a good game of battleship? It takes me back to elementary school. I loved that game! I guess I'm a sucker for a good strategic game. Nate won this one... I guess we're even. ;)

To end our night we wrote a message in a bottle. We described ourselves and wrote a note of encouragement for the finder. We're not quite sure where we're going to leave the bottle yet (obviously we will not be, nor does DNI condone us throwing this in the water). If you have any ideas let us know! Where would be a fun location to leave a message in a bottle? Maybe a local park?

This DNI box was so full of activities that it kept us busy and having fun. My favorite part may have been the ping pong ball game though. Also--Congratulations to Kara, who won our giveaway!

No comments