Dine and Dance: July Date Night In Box

We got back last weekend from our 24 day vacation to Michigan. When we got home our Date Night In Box was waiting for us....at our neighbor's house. The mailman failed to follow the instructions to stop our mail.... thank goodness for great neighbors! We were pumped to get it!

July's date was all about dining, dancing, and dashing.


Part of the instructions were to have the partner who doesn't make dinner as often, cook for the night. However, Nate and I both like to cook, and both cook dinner frequently, so we decided to make dinner together. It was a homemade pizza (one of my favorite meals!). We had a lot of fun! DNI provided our chef hats, pizza crust, pizza sauce, parmesan, and Italian seasoning. I personally loved wearing the chef hats. It put a silly spin on things, and I know that we can use them to bake with Gabe in the future (he has one of his own too!). The pizza turned out delicious! Pepperoni and banana peppers, which is a combo we frequently do at home or order in anyway. The menu spoke to my Italian soul. There was a vegetarian option as well. Gabe helped us make our dessert before we went to bed so we could refrigerate it and eat it cool: Cannoli dip with mini chocolate chips. All I can say is YUM!

While the pizza was cooking we did a choreographed dance. There were three dances to choose from: a fun wedding dance, a hip hop routine, and an old school dance number. Nate and I chose the wedding routine. I laughed SO HARD. I'm not the best dancer, and normally I don't get out on the dance floor unless Whitney's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" comes on, or I've had a couple of cocktails. The moves weren't hard (which I'm sure was on purpose), and Nate made up some silly moves of his own that kept me laughing the entire time.

After dinner and dancing we played a competitive game called Date Dash. We each took turns reading a card and giving 5 answers that corresponded to the category in 30 seconds. I won! Some of the cards were tricky, which made it even more fun. Then we played a game to find out which pizza is our spirit animal. Nate and I were both supreme. I guess we REALLY know that we're soulmates now. ;)

As always, we had a blast and can't wait for August! If you want to get in on the fun, here's the link to grab your own box!

No comments